Friday, March 6, 2009

Thursday Morning Re-do...

I have had this shelf since college. Actually, it was my Grandma's before it was mine....and I love it. Everywhere I have lived there has been a perfect spot for it. I painted it red long ago to match a chair that I had in the living room. You can see the yellow and red toile valance over the door...the chair was/is covered in that same fabric. I am still a big fan of toile, but lately have been in the mood to neutralize my home more, so the red and yellow will have to go!!
Before:
So, with a little paint, about an hour (minus the dry time) and a little sand paper after it was dry....here's the shelf now! I was inspired by a buffet found here. I may have to take more sand paper to it... but I am going to live with it for a few days!
You can see some of the red peeking through. Oh, and I found that lamp at Garden Ridge, for $5.00! Yippee!! Now all it needs is some paint and some fun, fresh fabric on the shade!
Posted by Picasa