Friday, August 14, 2009

Hmmm...Can anyone say "Random?"

You are probably wondering what in the world this photo is all about.
Let me explain....
This week we tried really hard to get into the swing of our new morning routine. During the summer B and I usually got up and lounged for about 30-45 mins, and then I made breakfast. Seriously, everyday we had scrambled eggs and toast, or sometimes we would sub waffles for toast. Real waffles, not frozen. Then some days I would make muffins. Anyway..you get the drift, I had a lot more time on my hands in the A.M. With school starting, we won't have as much time for all that wonderful homemade breakfast...so I've come up with a plan for making some type of bread, or muffins, or frozen waffle (don't tell), and even frozen eggs. I know, gasp! BUT they are really good. And B and I still have our morning breakfast together.
That's where this comes in.... This is by far the prettiest banana bread loaf I've made in a while, if not ever!! So pretty that I had to show you.
See?? Pretty, huh?? And pretty darn tasty!

Next up, is my new favorite find.

Is it sad that my new favorite find is a can of soup? Don't answer that! However, I was really excited when I saw this Cream of Mushroom & Chicken in the same can. You see, I have this really wonderful recipe that calls for a can of either cream of chicken or cream of mushroom. I've tried it with cream of chicken, and I've tried it with cream of mushroom, and could never really decide which I liked best. It's almost as if together is how the recipe should have been written to begin with! So...now it's perfect!

Swiss Chicken with Stuffing

4 chicken breasts, thawed

1 can of Cream of Chicken & Mushroom soup (in the same can)

4 slices of Swiss Cheese

1/2 cup milk

Stuffing Mix

Directions: Spray a baking dish with Pam, and put chicken breasts in the bottom of the dish. Next, take the Swiss cheese slices and put on top of the chicken. Then, mix together the soup and 1/2 cup of milk, and cover the chicken breasts with soup mixture. Then sprinkle stuffing mix over the top of the chicken. Spray with spray butter, or pour melted butter over the top of the stuffing. Bake at 375* for 40-55 mins, or until chicken is done in center.

SO YUMMY, and tastes a lot like Thanksgiving. Especially if you make mashed potatoes and green beans to go with it, and serve hot crescent rolls!!

And finally, another new favorite at our house. Our Treat Jar. This jar has always contained 'treats' of some sort. It used to house peanut M&M's year round. And occasionally I would fill it with homemade chocolate chip cookies. It had been empty for a while, and when I went grocery shopping last week, I decided I needed something for it. B usually has cookies for a snack, with some fruit or cheese, when we get home from school, so I decided to buy Animal Crackers. I wasn't even aware that they made CHOCOLATE Animal Crackers. Were you? I mean, really that's pretty cool. They taste like Oreo's only no stuffing, which is just fine with me! Plus, they definitely make our jar a lot more exciting. Only, I don't know who is more excited about it, me or B?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Murthy Family said...

Seriously...you didn't know they made chocolate animal crackers. You are hysterical!

the hodges said...

Seriously. I know, crazy. Now that I think about it, I am not sure I have ever bought animal crackers, except out of a vending machine in college.