Thursday, June 25, 2009

graduation pops

This year, Will's sister, Lauren graduated from high school. Yeah, for Lauren!! We are so proud of her. Brandt and I were not able to attend the ceremony because B had hand-foot-mouth d isease and was covered with blisters. (yeah, fun stuff!!) Anyway... I found these incredibly cute, and easy-to-do "Graduation Pops" over at a very fun site, Bakerella. You should definitely check out the site...lots of great ideas, and mouth-watering yummies. A warning though, you could spend hours browsing...or maybe that's just me!!

Anyhoo.... Here is my version of the Graduation Cap Pops.

She (Bakerella) has very good instructions on her site...but I'll give you a brief run down of what you need.

1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - freeze for about 10 mins, then remove the papers and return to room temperature. Once they are at room temperature, melt some chocolate almond bark and dip your pop stick into the chocolate and then down into the center of the reese's cup. Let dry, or harden.

2. Chocolate squares - I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate squares.... YUM!! I could have eaten the whole bag of these jokers! Another warning...you might want to buy 2 bags...a lot of mine were broken, so it was good that I had another bag or I wouldn't have had enough tops for the caps.
3. Sour worms - for the tassels, I cut apart mini sour worms.
4. Mini M&Ms
Unwrap the chocolate squares. Use a toothpick to draw a thin line of melted chocolate almond bark where you want your tassel to hang, then place the sour worm tassel over the chocolate. Again, with your toothpick, drop a dot of chocolate over the center and place your mini-M&M over the dot. Let harden.
Then take the sticked peanut butter cup, dip in melted almond bark and place the top of the cap over the chocolate and let harden.
See...very easy, and SOOOOO cute! These were a hit at the graduation dinner.

To hold the Pops in place, I just used a couple of cans (like bean cans.. that I had saved), stuffed with some floral foam, and topped with Spanish moss. Cut some strips of cute paper and wrapped around the can. Ta-DA!!

By the way... I don't know what is up with the alignment of this post... I cannot get it to do what I want and it's driving me nuts!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: